Monday, February 9, 2015

HDR Photography



HDR Photography or "High Dynamic Range" it is the process of taking multiple images at different exposure levels and blending them together to make the photo look like something your eye would see. You can use HDR to highlight the best parts of an image. In HDR you want to include aYou can also use it to make boring photos less boring and make them pop. I like HDR because it really helps regular old photos more creative and detailed. What I don't like about HDR is that it takes a while to take all the photos then edit them in photoshop



There is 6 easy steps to make HDR photo. Step 1: Change the exposure to the darkest setting then take a photo, then take 6 other photos at brighter exposers. Step 2: Import photos & organize them. Step 3: Open photos in go adobe photoshop. Step 4: File>Automate > Merge to HDR Pro.Step 5: Make the photo More creative using the tools to your right. Step 6: REPEAT! Its as easy as that to get amazing HDR photos. The difference between automatic HDR is that only 3 photos are taken, also the camera does all the work.



In the Landscape photo I was trying to get the fence, pasture, and mountains all in one shot. Also I was attempting to make the horizon line straight  but at the angle I was taking the photo there was no way I would be able to get it perfectly straight. Also I was attempting to get rule of third and it didn't really work out as I would have liked it to. In the Experiment I really wanted my subject (my dad) to hold still  and he did a really good job at that so thats a thumbs up. I also wanted to get him within rule of thirds but it still was a little off. And last but not least I wanted my photo to have good lighting so I faced my back to the sun and made him face the sun, and I think that plan worked out pretty good. 




22 comments:

  1. Good focal point
    Text could be bigger
    Nice rule of thirds

    ReplyDelete
  2. The landscape is simply Swellagant!
    I maybe you could have done a different fount.
    I like where you placed him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good rule of thirds
    you text needs to stretch 2/3
    I love the overall picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you got the rule of thirds exact
    bigger text
    good cutout

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you zoomed in on the person
    The word is blocking the clouds
    I like the text glow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well done on the rule of thirds
    You had no embevel and emboss
    The background is extremely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Surrealism.
    Theres no bevel & emboss in your text.
    Really great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how surreal it looks.
    The text could be a little bigger.
    Nice rule of thirds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your landscape
    It's too dark make it brighter
    The text is fitting

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very surreal colors!
    Maybe better text layovers.
    Awesome back round photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like how you made it in the rule of thirds
    maybe you could have made the text bigger
    I really like the mountain in the background

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your colors really balanced.
    The font could have matched a little better.
    I like the background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like your land scape picture
    And your text overlays could have been improved
    really love the color in the superimpose

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great rule of thirds.
    Text could be better.
    Great surrealism.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great background
    Could have made your text bigger
    The colors in your photo really stand out

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rule of thirds is great
    The text couldve been done better (size, color, ext)
    Very surreal

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice focal point
    The text could have more creative
    Nice rule of thirds

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the overall picture
    the text could be bigger
    Great rule of thirds

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good job on surrealism
    Amazing landscape
    Text isnt transparent

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like how surreal you made this photo!
    I would shrink your dad just a little bit so he would be perfectly in the rule of thirds.
    Great color!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome landscape
    small text
    good rule of thirds

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like that both your landscape and you experiment are very surreal
    I think you could've added bevel and emboss to your text to make it look better
    I also liked the location of your landscape it's very detailed also

    ReplyDelete