Sunday, March 1, 2015

Typography Images

Typography is the style and appearance of printed matter. Typography can be either a portrait of someone or an object with a chunk of text placed over it. In our case were using images of people. The text usually shows the persons feelings, but can also represent other things such as their traits, interests, and hobbies. Typography can be used with images to make a lasting impact by making the image memorable.

The biggest challenge during this project so far was understanding how to add the gradient overlay. to overcome the issue I asked for help from Mr. Sanderls helpers and they couldn't seem to fix the problem as well. So I explored through the blend modes and I finally found One that showed the gradient overlay as well as the text. That blend mode was subtract btw. Also I couldn't seen to figure how to create my text brush. So I watched and re-watched the tutorial until I could figure it out

My three examples are of Steve jobs, Mr. Mchugh and Me. What makes each of them different is that they are all done in different methods. Although they are each done using photoshop there were 3 different tutorials we followed. Also they are all of course portraits of different people. My favorite one would have to be the one of Mr. Mchugh, mostly because I like the method and how the text is added to the photo. Here are the links to the other tutorials 1 & 3.









21 comments:

  1. Great colors and creativity.
    I think your image could be improved if your face had stand out a little bit.
    Great, Overall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The text suits you?
    Is that really you?
    Nice highlights?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colors.
    Maybe next tie you could make it easier to recognize you.
    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just say know that it is all of men
    I don't think that someone else would know it was you
    Like the colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the different colors for different words
    I think next time you could make an outline of your head
    I really like the background, how it has a pattern to it. It adds depth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the crayon like font you used
    Next time you could fill in your highlights with a different color
    I liked the bright colors you used

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the bevel and emboss you put on your background. It really stands out.
    I think you could have put a sort of outline of your face.
    I like the spacing of your text.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Your font that you chose looks very fun
    2. Maybe you could improve by filling more spaces
    3. I can clearly see your text

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can see the words easy
    next time you could make the words darker
    amazing overall picture

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the colors you used in the words.
    The image doesn't look a lot like you.
    I like the words you used in the image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the colors you chose
    Could have made the details on your face stand out more
    Great job

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like how it represent you
    Maybe next time you can maybe chose different colors
    I really like the font you chose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Words are easy to read and see
    More text fill in spaces
    Nice texture in the backround

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the words you used!
    Next time you could have spaced your words better so the viewer could see your actual face.
    I like how you used texture in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting background texture.
    I can't really see you in the portrait.
    I like the colors you chose, but I would switch them around so we could see you better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like how your font matches your words and your personality!
    Your highlights are difficult to see and I think it would be cool if you put a pastel color behind your face. The texture is a bit distracting.
    I can tell this image is light-hearted and you're a very chill person just by looking at your words.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like how you used vey bright and vibrant colors
    I think you could've added a little more text to the different areas of your face to make more details
    I also like how you added the texture to the background it kind of pops out at you a little

    ReplyDelete
  18. I liked the words you chose
    you could of made you more visible/recognizable
    I also liked the colors you chose

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the colors you used
    Maybe next time you could add a background behind your text
    I like the background

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like that the words you have really is about you!
    Maybe add the shadows more dark.
    Your good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the mix of colors. Normally colors that aren't in the same color scheme, wouldn't look good, but I think it's nice
    Maybe next time you could put a little more detail in your features
    But nice job overall

    ReplyDelete