Friday, September 18, 2015

Comedy Writing

Sense of humor is an important character trait because without it life would be pretty boring.
Also almost everybody loves a good laugh. It is also an important trait because you can influence people in a good way. Also you can pop a joke in awkward situations when no one is talking or something weird just happened. And last but not least it will help to make conversations more enjoyable.

Writing a Humorous narrative can be pretty difficult but Ill share 5 tips that may make writing one easier.  Tip #1 pick an event or subject and stick with it. Tip #2 Be funny not harsh. Tip #3 Be sarcastic, cause if your sarcastic and then right at the end you give a 1 liner about the truth it might be really funny. Tip #4 Make sure the narrative flow. And last Tip #5 When complete read it with plenty of expression and weird faces.

My comedic monologue is about how "great" school is. Its basically talking about how much I love school and how great it is.  One part says "I love spending 35 hours of my week in a nice hot humid classroom" which is obviously not true. I think its funny because Who really likes school??,  I certainly don't. I also think its going to be funnier when I add visuals because they will show sarcasm but the voiceover will sound somewhat believable.


No comments:

Post a Comment