Friday, October 2, 2015

My Humorous Monologue

What is up guys? This is the 8th week of our GT class and if you didn't already know our latest project is creating a comedic monologue. We have been working on this project for the past 2-3 weeks and its been pretty fun/difficult/interesting.

I have learned quite a bit during this project. One of the things I have learned is that B-roll is very important in making your narrative humorous because without b-roll the audience may not be able to visually picture it. I also learned that if we need to sign out a camera be sure to be there on the first day available. I also learned that you shouldn't procrastinate, because if you do you project wont be your best work. And lastly I learned that your not as funny as you think you are!

Pad is basically taking a couple seconds before and after you start and stop rolling. Usually you take about 5 seconds before and after your clip.  Padding your clips is crucial because if your don't, you may lose a part of your clip. Most times only about half a second gets cut off, but still will ruin your clip. This is really important because when your editing and don't have a clip you might not have time to get a new clip. I know it is really important to add pad because once I was editing one of my films and a part of the voiceover got cut off. So from now on every clip I film I make sure I add pad.


My weaknesses during this project was when my whole project got deleted after working on if for 2 days. This was when I struggled because I needed to complete the whole thing in one night! It was especially difficult because It took along time for me to film what I wanted and edit it how I wanted it to be. I think I next time I could be efficient and it wold be easier for me to complete my project. I believe that my strengths during this project would have to be saying my monologue. I think this was my strength because I believe  I had good expression and said all the words good.

No comments:

Post a Comment